(19/07/2012) Mobile Speak v5.8 for Symbian is now available!
Yet another free upgrade which includes support for WhatsApp, Symbian Belle FP1 accessibility and more than 100 enhancements for all supported devices
Terrassa (Barcelona), Spain, July 19th, 2012
Code Factory has once again shown its commitment to its Symbian users in the latest v5.8 release. This major release features more than 100 new features, improvements and fixes so that users can make the best use of both the latest touch devices and also traditional phones with keypads. Once again, it is offered as a free upgrade for users of Mobile Speak v4.0 and above.
“Although the sale of Symbian devices may be in decline in many parts of the world, we still see the overwhelmingly popularity of these devices amongst the visually impaired community. No other platform offers the wide range of device form factors, and no other screen reader solution offers the same amount of functionality and configurability,” explains Eduard Sánchez, CEO at Code Factory. “Since Mobile Speak is still the most practical solution for many users and it allows them to get things done faster than on any other platform, we are very happy to announce this major release of Mobile Speak Symbian.”
• Support for Symbian Belle Feature Pack 1 (FP1) including the Nokia 808 PureView: Full support is provided for the latest Symbian Belle FP1 devices, including the recently released Nokia 808 PureView, widely recognized as the world's finest camera phone with its 41 MP sensor and PureView technology. Other devices which support the Belle FP1 firmware include the Nokia 603, 700 and 701, where it is available as a recommended software upgrade. New features of Belle FP1 include an increase in processor speed from 1.0 to 1.3 GHz for better performance, new accessible home screen widgets for easy access to many phone features, and an improved and more responsive web browser.
• Outstanding support for WhatsApp v2.6.97, the world’s most popular mobile messaging application.
• Easy update: After installing v5.8, any future updates of Mobile Speak will be able to be installed in a completely accessible way directly from the device using this new feature.
• Easy installation of voices and your favorite third party apps: this new feature allows you easily install any Mobile Speak 3rd party voices, Nokia HQ voices, Code Factory tools and games and also the most popular, accessible third party applications, without needing to connect to a PC or to use the Nokia Store.
• Six new Acapela HQ voices (Dutch Daan, Dutch Jasmijn, German Andreas, Norwegian Bente, Swedish Emil and US English Saul).
• More than 100 new features, improvements and bug fixes, for all users to enjoy!
To check the whole list of various improvements and bug fixes, please consult Sections 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 and 2.13 of the user guide at:
To read more about Mobile Speak visit:
You can download Mobile Speak 5.8 now at:
http://codefactory.es/en/downloads.asp?id=348#version_0_106. New users can try it for free for 30 days. Note that only the Acapela Russian Alyona and Galop TTS installation packages have changed since v5.7. No other TTS installation files have changed, so there is no need to reinstall them if upgrading from v5.7.
About Code Factory
Founded in 1998 and headquartered in Terrassa (Barcelona), Spain, Code Factory is the global leader committed to the development of products designed to eliminate barriers to the accessibility of mobile technology for the blind and visually impaired. Today, Code Factory is the leading provider of accessible mobile applications such as screen readers, screen magnifiers, and Braille interfaces. Code Factory’s products are compatible with the widest range of mainstream mobile devices running on Symbian, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry and Android Smartphones. Among Code Factory's customers are well known organizations for the blind such as ONCE in Spain, and carriers such as AT&T, Bouygues Telecom, SFR, TIM and Vodafone.
For any query regarding our products, you can submit support ticket via Code Factory help desk at:
You can now follow Code Factory at: