(28/09/2007) Support for Eurobraille Esys Braille Displays in all Code Factory Screen Readers!
The Esys12 and Esys40 portable Braille displays from Eurobraille are now compatible with Code Factory’s Mobile Speak screen access solutions for Symbian, Smartphone and Pocket PC devices.
Terrassa (Barcelona), August 28, 2007
Code Factory partners with Eurobraille to provide Braille access to mainstream mobile phones, personal digital assistants, and PDA-phone convergence devices. Users of the popular Mobile Speak line of screen readers can now wirelessly control their Symbian Series 60 phone, Windows Mobile Smartphone or Pocket PC phone/PDA using the Eurobraille Esys for input with the eight-dot Braille keyboard and for output with a 12- or 40-cell refreshable Braille display.
Features of the ESYS Braille input/output devices include:
- Ten-key Braille keyboard (eight Braille input keys, one Space key and one Backspace key) allows text entry in different languages and supports several combinations for screen reader commands.
- Two joysticks for controlling system focus to navigate lists, menus, and lines of text.
- Two bi-directional switches to pan the Braille display and explore the screen using the Braille cursor.
- 12 or 40 cells of refreshable 8-dot Braille with cursor-routing buttons.
- Built-in notetaker and calculator functions.
- Connection with a computer via USB or Bluetooth, and with a PDA or mobile phone via Bluetooth.
- MiniSD card slot (128MB card included).
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion battery that operates up to 20 hours.
- Dimensions: Esys12 = 14.5 x 8.6 x 2 cm, 200g; Esys40 = 32.5 x 8.6 x 2 cm, 550g.
- The displays include a one-year warranty, and an optional two-year extension to that warranty can be purchased.
When used with Mobile Speak, Code Factory’s industry-leading screen reader, on your phone or PDA, Esys allows you to:
- Read screen contents and Mobile Speak-specific messages in contracted and uncontracted literary Braille, as well as 6-dot and 8-dot computer Braille.
- Input text using any of the available Braille grades in supported languages including US and UK English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, Belgian-Dutch, Polish, Greek, Welsh and Hindi.
- Write and read text messages, email, notes, and documents (Word, Excel and PowerPoint in Windows Mobile) using Braille with or without speech output.Browse the internet, manage your contacts, schedule appointments and tasks, listen to tracks and audio streams, perform calculations, play games, and organize your files without taking your hands off your Braille device.
- Make and receive calls using your Braille keyboard and a Bluetooth headset while your phone stays in your pocket or purse.
- Use intuitive text navigation commands for reading by character, word, line, sentence, or paragraph.Explore the entire screen, even parts to which system focus cannot move, using a Braille review cursor.
- Use cursor-routing buttons to move focus to a given location on the screen or activate a control currently displayed in Braille.
- Determine control information such as type and state with concise, language-dependent, Braille indicators.
- Read Braille formatted (BRF) files supported on the Windows Mobile platform.
“Eurobraille is committed to ensuring the widest possible access to mainstream hardware for users of our Braille devices, and compatibility of the Esys line with Mobile Speak on all platforms makes this possible for mobile technology users,” explains Damien Mauduit, Chief Executive Officer of Eurobraille. “Supporting the Esys Braille displays affirms Code Factory’s mission of enabling Braille users and those who are deafblind to choose from close to 200 different models of mobile devices for their communications and notetaking needs,” adds Eduard Sánchez, Code Factory CEO.
For more information on availability and pricing, please contact your local Eurobraille distributor (http://www.eurobraille.fr/vers_en/distributors_en.html ).
Code Factory screen readers are available from distributors worldwide.
- Mobile Speak for Symbian Phones: http://www.codefactory.es/en/products.asp?id=24
- Mobile Speak for Windows Mobile Smartphones: http://www.codefactory.es/en/products.asp?id=36
- Mobile Speak for Pocket PCs: http://www.codefactory.es/en/products.asp?id=98
Eurobraille is a company headquartered in Paris that develops, manufactures and sells adaptive devices for visually impaired people. First known for its patented Eurobraille-CLIO Braille device family (desktop or laptop Braille device of 20 to 84 characters), the company's primary activity today is the manufacture of the ESYS line of portable Braille displays and the IRIS personal digital assistant with refreshable display and a QWERTY or Braille keyboard. For more information about Eurobraille, visit http://www.eurobraille.fr.
About Code Factory
Code Factory is a software company committed to the development of products designed to remove barriers to the accessibility of mobile technology for the blind and visually impaired. Noted for innovation and responsiveness, Code Factory is the leading provider of screen readers, screen magnifiers, and Braille interfaces for the widest range of mainstream mobile devices including Symbian-based and Windows Mobile-powered Smartphones as well as Pocket PC phones and PDAs. Further, Code Factory is the only accessible software provider to support Mobil phones working on the GSM, CDMA and WCDMA networks. To learn more about Code Factory and its mission of bringing complete accessibility to mobile devices, visit http://www.codefactory.es.